Happy Earth Day, Bookies! In celebration of our planet, why not go green? Here's some ways to help out Mother Earth, today!
- Recycle a few dust-collectors on an overstuffed shelf! It'll only sting for a second, and just think of the room your making for new ones!
- Opt to buy the eBook instead of the hardcover. Save money, time, AND trees!
- eReaders are Eco-Chic! You know you want one - so invest in a Kindle! Sure, they require electricity to charge. However, many of them are recycled via refurbished parts! And the rest applies for Nook Tablet, Augen, Kindle - even Kindle for PC: it saves the paper of printing every hardcover on that shelf! (You know it's is running out of room anyway!)
- Turn off the computer and read a book! Save electricity and enjoy yourself - now you have a reason to relax!
- Shut off the TV and walk the family to the park. Grab a picnic blanket and a book, read tree-side! Plus, you and your kid-brother get some exercise!
- Make your next writing journal an eco-friendly one. Not only a reader, but a writer too? Pick up a bio-degradable, recycled-material journal instead of another paper-wasting composition! They're more sturdy (less likely to bend in your bag), usually well-crafted (and beautiful!), and the few extra bucks can feel well-spent! My personal favorite is Find Sasquatch: Leave Nothing But Tracks, but I recommend looking on Etsy or browsing your local stationary or department stores, too! (Tip: I love stocking up on hand-made, recycled products from stores like TJ MAX or Marshall's, too!)