Interview with Amy Mah (Vampire)



A self help guide by Amy Mah (Vampire) for teenage vampire girls, the guide is fully illustrated by manga Artist Heby and is written in an easy to follow A - Z format explaining everything a teenage vampire girl would need to know about living life as a modern Vampire. What is fashionable to wear when eating out? Fang maintenance & how to keep your claws sharp. Should you let a boy bite you on the first date? Easy to understand clear advice is given to every day problems Example: When you get an urge to bite: We all get those normal urges to bite things, and I must point out it is very normal, Claws are all well and good in a fight but a bite gives the extra advantage of getting a refreshing drink at the same time. Lots of girls worry about showing their Fangs in public believing that to show your fangs is rude, but don't be shy they can be a girls greatest asset (ok second greatest asset) if a boy is being rude to you, don't just snarl at him, just bite him! You are a vampire why do you think you have sharp teeth if not for sinking them into a boy that is being rude to you.


1. What works have you released? What are they about? Hehehe no lets just stick to my vampires, or I will really frighten people! I have written lots of boring stuff, I analyze changes in cultures and study the way religion and belief are always changing and so causing a logical event trend. Yes these sort of things are studied and you thought that only happened in books, believe me once you have studied religious belief creating worlds full of vampires is very simple, and in some cases far more believable. Fangs Rule (A Girls Guide to being a Vampire) is I expect what people will want to here about, and it was so much fun to write as I wrote it not only as a vampire but a teenage vampire. The images you see in the book are me, my artist takes me and changes me into my manga self.
2. How did you get the idea for your work? What lured you to your topics?
Things must have a reason I hate it when films are wrong, you can’t swim in blood, no you can’t you are more likely to walk across it when it forms a skin than to swim in it and as for BLADE he is a cold blooded murderer in all senses, vampire killer huh! He ends up killing more humans than all the vampire houses put together. So I’m here to help put over the vampire point of view.
Humans were put this earth to be eaten why else would they taste so nice?
3. What scene, topic, or section was the most intense (or visual) for you to write?
Creating the book was a great way to relax. I hide all kinds of ideas in the writing and then sit back and wait for the fireworks.
4. In the event that your novel became a screenplay, who would you like to see included in the casting?
5.If you could meet anyone or see anything (characters, locations, events, abilities, creatures, etc) from your novel, who or what would you choose?
I love ICE she is just so cute and lovable, she likes being who she is, no hang-ups, one day her family will let her reach 16 perhaps in another 50 years or so in the mean time she is proud that she only drinks blood from her own kills and introduces my Amy to naked hot spring bathing.
6. How did you go about selecting your cover?
I have an artist …well no I don’t own an artist but she lives in Asia and draws me, my publisher asked for a cover design and what she did, he my publisher did not like it at first but I said it is sooooooo nice forget about the old fashioned clothes and the little bat wings it is cute, so that is what we went for.
7. Do you have any upcoming projects? When can readers expect them?
Trying to finish off my new book and should be out in early summer if I can find an editor my spelling and grammar is crap ……… er that is called a hint …… IF THERE IS A EDITOR OUT THERE CONTACT ME. You will find it under two titles as I plan to do two types of book. The Night Eternal is more of a normal looking book (from the outside) text and ab/w drawings. Here is the amazon link: (http://www.amazon.com/Night-Eternal-Vampire-Mistress-Mare/dp/1874192472/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329878976&sr=1-4) ‘Vampire’ is special as it is in full color with hundreds of manga drawings to go with my diary type novel text. Here is the amazon link: (http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Night-Life-Amy-Mah/dp/1874192618/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329878976&sr=1-5)
8. Why did you become an author (or start writing)?
To write as a teenage vampire is not only easy but so much fun, some authors complain about finding ideas my problem is trying to hold all the ideas at bay while I earn a living, being trapped between cultures means my grammar and spelling is useless.
I think faster than I can type and I type faster than I can spell
9.What do you love the most about being an author? Living in a world of my own and people thinking it is normal!



Excerpt from the Book
BOYFRIENDS (also see DATING)
Boyfriends are boys that are not friends. Handsome, charming, caring, strong, sweet, cute, hot, fit... Er ………… the difference is obvious. If not then you are still too young for a boyfriend and should stick with your stuffed bats.
Meeting the boyfriend's parents for the first time is a problem, like what to wear and how to act. It's best to have some simple rules to follow.
1. Don't talk about boys you have bitten or have bitten you in the past.
2. Don't tell risky stories like the first time you came on heat and what you tried to do with the head of the council until guards pulled you off him and forced you to give back his pants.
3. Don't offer to raise your dress to show them your family brand at the dinner table.
4. Don't comment on the food, ever. Even if it is still alive and you have to catch it before it runs off, if you have to say anything just point out how you enjoy frisky fresh food.
5. Lastly, no matter how weird, strange, odd, peculiar and down right creepy his parents are or act, try very hard not to point his out to him.
Reasons:
A: Strangely he has somehow failed to notice.
B: Or, he has noticed and is praying hard that you haven't.
C: Remember what your own are like.
CLAW MAINTENANCE
Yes, I know our claws are naturally sharp but we should still use a block of wood as a scratching post so as to keep our fingers strong. I keep a few blocks of wood under the bed so that I can (as my Aunt calls it) "play the piano" while watching TV wildlife films. Some people say it's not ladylike to do this but my Aunt informs me that it is perfectly normal for a girl to play with herself in this way. But I do wish my Aunt would word it differently.

10. What or who inspires you to write?
Just looking about and seeing what is going on around the world, sometime I wonder why people don’t just go climb back to the trees and let another animal have a go at being the dominate specie
11. What is the top cause you champion?
The worldwide stopping of the practice of FGC be it for religious culture or political reasons Female genital cutting (FGC), also known as female genital mutilation (FGM), female circumcision, or female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C), is defined by the World Health Organisation as "all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons."[
12. What advice do you have for anyone who is interested in becoming an author?
Don’t do it for the money!
13. What is one thing your readers should know about you? You mean apart from being mad? Well I am in my 20s and oriental in looks which people then think I look like a carpet but if I say Chinese they think I come from there which I don’t. I was born in Asia but brought up in the west so I am trapped between cultures
14. If you could do anything (for a career), besides being a writer, what would do?
An Assassin unlike the army you still get to kill people but you get good money and a wardrobe full of expensive clothes
15. Aside from writing, what are your hobbies?
Study: I study up on lots of strange stuff,
History: I love reading cultural history.
Anime: I watch lots and lots of anime movies which has corrupted my sense of humor
16. What is…?
a. …your favorite author?
Terry Pratchett
b. …your favorite book or series?
Discworld
c. …your biggest literary inspiration?

The Silmarillion J.R.R. Tolkien

17. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what artists? If not, do you have other muses?
Yes I can multi task so I have 3 computers surrounding me on one of them I play anime clips set to music which could be why my books always read like manga film scripts
18. Is there anything that helps you write or is unique about your writing process?
Yes it is so easy I just write as myself, I step into the world of vampires and take a look about. And believe me the worlds I step into are far more real than the make believe worlds such as Facebook that most people mistakenly think are real.
19. Which, if any, character do you feel has the most of your characteristics (behavioral or otherwise)? Lady Amelia mistress of the Nightmare and Alpha female of the Family of the Pink Bat. She is me, she thinks like me and she acts like me, she is so not a vampire that hides from anything, always getting into trouble for speaking her mind and pointing out stupid stuff like rules which should be no more than guidelines and then only if there is an R in the month.

Thank you for participating!


Where can readers find you?

Amazon (Author)
Amazon (Book)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post by Brain Holers

Guest Post by Justin Ordoñez

The Strong Female: Guest Post by Sheryl Steins